Tuesday 8 November 2016

10 Halloween Fun Facts and 5 of the Most Popular Costumes

Welcome back everybody to another post on ohyafunstation!! I mentioned Halloween a few days ago... and yes, I know Halloween happened a week ago. My apologies for this post being so late, I have wanted to make this post before Halloween, but I never got the chance to, and when I made the Diep.io and Diep.io Gameplay I thought they were more fun and interesting. So I left this topic aside. Well... without further ado... Here are 10 Halloween fun facts:

  1. There are many other names for Halloween, such as Allhallowe'en, All Hallows' Eve, All Saints' Eve and Hallowe'en.
  2. The word "Hallowe'en" means "hallowed evening" or "holy evening".
  3. According to the National Retail Federation, people attending (a) party(ies) spent an estimated $2.8 on costumes overall, as of 2016.
  4. McKamey Manor located in San Diego, California is the scariest Halloween haunted house.
  5. Halloween sells more than twice as much chocolate as Valentine's Day.
  6. Chocolate can last up to 2 years if stored in a dry and odor-free spot. 
  7. Hard candy can last up to a year, while unopened packages of candy corn can last nine months,
  8. 41 million-The approximate number of trick or treaters that were out and about this year on Halloween night. 
  9. Orange and black are Halloween colors because orange is associated with the Fall harvest and black is associated with darkness and death.
  10. Jack o' Lanterns originated in Ireland where people placed candles in hollowed-out turnips to keep away spirits and ghosts on the Samhain holiday.


To me, I found the fact that Jack o' Lanterns originated in Ireland was pretty interesting. Stereotypes make everybody associate Ireland with Leprechaun Day.

Here are 5 of the Most Popular Costumes:
  1. Pokémon Go Trainer
  2. Finn, Rey, and BB-8
  3. Harley Quinn
  4. Ghostbusters
  5. Politicians
  6. Phones
Even though the title says 5 of the Most Popular Costumes, I had to put Phones in there. On the night of Halloween, I saw about 1 out of every 30 people wearing a "phone" costume. Two of my classmates were exploding phones (phones on fire). This to me is very funny, because we have such "high" and "advanced" technology, such as hoverboards to VR experiences. Our most basic device: the phone, catches on fire or causes the user/owner to be in danger so often! It amazes as well as shocks me (pun intended), that our handheld technology goes...


For more information and fact on Halloween visit these sites:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/10/18/most-popular-halloween-costumes-2016/92350826/


Stay tuned for the next post... the fun never ends!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment